My hope is to give you an experience of yourself in our sessions that is different from your experience the rest of the time. Over time, you will internalize the experience of peace, safety, courage, and confidence so that you can carry it into your life outside of session.
My desire for every person who comes into my office is to help you come to a point where guilt, shame, and anxiety are no longer controlling factors in your life and are replaced by courage, self-love, and trust. When you are rooted firmly in your love and compassion for yourself, you are capable of facing and achieving more than you can imagine.
Working with people to help transform their lives is a deep source fulfillment and joy. I feel extremely lucky to help people uncover the inner hope and strength they often don’t realize they possess. I am passionate about and committed to my own personal growth and feel thankful for the ways I can use my own experience to energize and inform my work, and grateful that my clinical work challenges me to grow as a person.
How I Work
I take a very active role as a therapist. I actively monitor and regulate anxiety within the session so that we are not reinforcing in our sessions the very patterns you wish to break. I will also point out unconscious defenses that are arising within the session.
By regulating anxiety and relating to one another without defenses, we can develop an authentic connection and your true healing can begin. I want to help you become free from the feeling that your love for yourself is contingent upon your success, performance, perfection, or external circumstances.
I want to help you come to a place in which the real, uncensored, struggling, hurt you is loved exactly as you are. Paradoxically, when we accept ourselves as we are, that is when true transformation begins.
In addition to my clinical work, I enjoy beach volleyball, creative writing, surfing, singing, and playing guitar. I am fascinated by neuroscience and theoretical physics and enjoy exploring philosophical, spiritual, and metaphysical questions. I also enjoy learning other languages and am bilingual in Spanish.
Visit our blog or follow the links below to see what Brooke has been featured in!
- VoyageLA ~ Meet Brooke Sprowl of My LA Therapy in Santa Monica and Brentwood
- Complex ~ Student Debt Is Literally Driving You Crazy
- Child Law Help Center ~ Improve Communication: Address Underlying Problems
- Social Work Today ~ Teens Seek Validation Through Social Media
- Mel Magazine ~ Why We Make Fun Of The Powerful Men Brought Down By #MeToo
- Martha Stewart Weddings ~ How to Tactfully Handle Your New Role as Stepparent after the Wedding
- Bustle ~ If You Can’t Shake These 8 Concerns About Your Partner, They May Not Be “The One”
- Sisterhood of Sweat Live Podcast
- Fatherly ~ Divorce Can Be Contagious, And That Might Be A Good Thing
- Purple ~ Sleep Guide for Anxiety
- USC Annenberg Media ~ A Classroom Brawl Sparks a Debate Over Student-Teacher Conflicts
- Up Journey ~ What Causes Insecurity and Jealousy in a Relationship?
- Up Journey ~ How to Stop Thinking About Something
- Power the Hustle Podcast ~ How to Date Better
- Reel Talk Pilot
- Girls 4 Greatness Podcast ~ How Preventative Medicine Applies To Your Mental Health
- Fierce and Flawless (The Female Project Podcast)
- The Zoe Report ~ How to Overcome Codependency
- KABC ~ Dr. G: Engaging Minds
- Lean The F*ck Out Podcast ~ Growing a Therapy Practice