WRITE FOR US: GUEST BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELInES
WRITE FOR US: GUEST BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Our blog is focused on exploring the existential paradoxes of the human condition as related to personal development. We explore these truths through the lens of psychology, relationships, spirituality, health, wellness, nutrition, fitness, and personal development.
Readers are generally young adults and adults looking to decrease anxiety, improve relationships, and grow in their self-awareness.
We pride ourselves on content that is practical yet profound, backed with research, and uses simple, conversational language. With our advice and action-steps, we always want to add a deeper layer to the conversation rather than just addressing symptoms and surface-level behavior — we want to help people explore and examine the root causes of their problematic behaviors and issues — so that they can overcome them and transform on a deep and sustaining level.
CONTENT CREATION STYLE GUIDE
Checklist for content value:
- Useful? Does it have utility? Tip: Write to solve an issue or pain point for a single, specific person.
- New idea? Is it a new spin on an old idea or a brand new idea altogether?
- Valuable? Will a reader get value from it?
- Actionable? Are there action steps a reader can take?
- Shareable? Is there an incentive for readers to share it?
- Eye catching? Does the headline make you want to read it?
- Flow? Does the content flow and read well?
- Entertaining? A few chuckles is a bonus
- Long and detailed content generally goes best with our audience
- Numerals (1) instead of numbers (one)
- Sentence case title headings (only capitalize the first letter in the first word)
- Use H2 subheadings (not bold)
- A minimum of 3 images per post
- Related articles should be in bold and italics
- Single spaces at the opening of sentences
- Links always open in a new tab or window
- Related article links have Related in bold with a colon, then a link to the article.
Please send your 1000+ word article in Word Document (.doc or .docx) for approval before we put it on our website. Once we approve, we will put it on our website and send you the link. We hope you can share on your social platforms so we can reshare as well.
We only allow placement of one link in bio and up to 5 in body content.
This description is used for SEO purposes and should be two sentences and less than 156 characters (25 words). It should introduce the reader to the blog post and entice them to read on.
This is different than the Quote/Statement also requested, which will be the start of your actual blog content.
These are also important for SEO purposes. Choose one main keyword that is the focus of your article as well as other keywords that will help people find your article in searches.
Images & Titles:
Find a compelling, artful image using unsplash.com or pexels.com that is thematic to your article and include the image in your submission. These sites are free. Must be 1920x1240px and named with focus keyword and hyphenated (your full name for headshot); it must also include the word “blog” at the end of each.
After first draft, when reviewing keep an eye out for:
- Filler words like – I think, etc, things, stuff
- Being negative or self deprecating – it’s good to be critical, but be measured
- Long sentences without punctuation
- Long paragraphs that aren’t broken up
- Waffling or off topic sentences
- Double Check Links
- Make sure links work
- Open in a new tab
Put this information below your article in a word document (see our Guest Writer Blog Submission Template for examples) and email it to us at email@example.com. Don’t forget to attach your images to the email as well.
- Meta Description (25 words)
- Focus Keyword/Tag Keywords
- Images & Titles
- Guest Writer Bio (75 words)
- Website/Social Media Platform Links