Reiki is an energetic form of healing. In the Japanese language Rei means “universal” and Ki means “life force energy.” This traditional healing art technique has been practiced throughout the history of humankind. Reiki is a hands on relaxation technique the promotes stress reduction, health and healing. It assist in the body’s natural ability to balance and restore itself at the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. During a reiki session, the practitioner directs concentrated energy to the client via hands, body, eyes and breath.
Physical benefits of Reiki include:
- Relieves pain and discomfort of bones, muscles, skin and nerves.
- Aids in digestion.
- Relieves headaches and back pain.
- Relieves fatigue.
- Improves circulation.
- Supports the body’s ability to clear toxins.
Some mental/emotional benefits of Reiki are:
- Clears and calms the mind.
- Improves memory.
- Enhances intuition.
- Supports restful sleep.
- Eases depression, anxiety, insomnia, addiction and fear based mental illnesses.