Relationship Issues & Codependency
ABOUT CODEPENDENCY AND RELATIONSHIP THERAPY
Dating can be as intoxicating and exciting as it is painful and destructive. Often we find ourselves in relationships that hurt us or just aren’t right for us but we still don’t know how to leave. Relationships can start to feel like a soul-deadening prison in which we’re stuck and can’t get out, or a chaotic addiction alternating between extremes of euphoric highs and intense, painful lows. If you’re struggling to find peace in your relationships, therapy can help you become free.
Trying to find the right person can be a painful task. When we can’t seem to find a match or when we move from one failed relationship to the next, we begin to question if something is wrong with us.We begin to wonder if we are unlovable and as a result, it becomes difficult to trust ourselves and select a whole, healthy mate.
As a licensed therapist and relationship expert, I specialize in helping you to identify and overcome subconscious walls that are getting in the way of finding a relationship. As we bring awareness to those walls and begin to heal, you will begin to experience your dating life in a radically new way.
THERAPY WILL HELP YOU
- Overcome self-esteem issues, insecurity, and body image issues.
- Develop more confidence in yourself and what you have to offer.
- Identify and remove subconscious walls that get in the way of potential partners seeing who you really are.
- Become aware of ways in which you may inadvertently sabotage your relationships.
- Change the unhealthy patterns in your relationships and begin to relate to your partners in a new, healthy way.
- Trace the roots of your attraction to partners who may not be able to meet your needs.
- Begin to heal the underlying issues that get in the way of having close, stable relationships with people who love and respect you.
- Become more independent so that you are entering into a partnership out of love rather than out of neediness or fear of being alone.
MORE ABOUT THERAPY FOR RELATIONSHIP ISSUES
Through therapy, you will begin to move through your dating life and your relationships with greater ease. You will find you are more open to others and that others are more drawn to you as a result. You will learn to find joy even in being alone. You will become more aware of red flags in others and learn to listen to yourself so that you don’t continue going down the same painful paths.
Exploring dating and relationships in therapy can help us trace and understand the origins of our painful patterns and bring them under our conscious control so that we can experience true intimacy with safe people who are able to provide us with the love, healing, and acceptance we all need.
I will help you learn to trust yourself, develop confidence in yourself, and overcome the obstacles that are getting in the way of love. I will help you explore the deep, underlying issues that need healing. You will learn to become free and confident so that you can find a partner who can meet your needs.
CODEPENDENCY AND LOVE ADDICTION
Codependency and love addiction occur when we begin to use our relationships to avoid dealing with painful aspects of ourselves and our lives. Life can be difficult and it’s challenging to make our own way in the world. As a result, we often cling to relationships that are destructive in order to not have to do the hard work of facing our fears and growing. Unfortunately, staying in destructive relationships only serves to drain our reserves, make us miserable, and postpone the inevitable work we need to do to heal.