Ideas for Exercising at Home
Being stuck at home with no gym equipment can be challenging, after all, you can only do so much with just bodyweight and a yoga mat. It’s time to get creative! Here are some ways to use household toys for a workout! I demonstrate exercises and how you can use your skateboard as a piece of workout equipment. Check out the video and instructions below! Now offering virtual and online personal training!
- Plank with knee tuck to pike – Put your feet on the skateboard vertically with your hands on the ground. Drive your knees into your chest, then alternate throwing your hips into the air for the pike. Repeat Do 3 rounds of 8-12 reps
- Back lunge – Place one foot on the skateboard and one on the ground. Drive the skateboard back, coming into a lunge position. Maintain a 90-degree angle with the front knee and drive up through your front heel to the standing position. Repeat. Do 3 rounds of 10 reps on each side.
- Side Pikes – Hold push-up stance with your feet on the board horizontally. Slide board left and right engaging your core and piking your hips as you squeeze through your obliques. Repeat side to side. Do 3 rounds of 8 each side.
- Single leg bridge extension – Lay on back in a bridge position with one heel elevated on the skateboard and one in the air. Extend the leg on the skateboard out with your heel and drive back in. Repeat. Do 3 rounds of 5-10 reps each side
- Bridge sliders on the skateboard – On the back, both feet in a bridge on a skateboard, extend the legs straight and pull back in through the heels as you keep your hips high. Repeat. Do 3 rounds of 15-20 reps.
- Plank saws – Push up position with hands on the skateboard. Saw back and fourth using just your shoulders while the body says stabilized. Do 3 rounds of 15-20 reps.
As a National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist and a professional beach volleyball player with the AVP Beach Volleyball Tour, Jessica Sykora can’t help but share her passion for health and fitness with her clients. She offers in-home personal training sessions in Los Angeles including West LA, Santa Monica, Mid-City, Marina del Rey, and Southbay.