A healthy immune system guards against germs like bacteria and viruses. With a healthy immune system, you can tell the difference between foreign cells and your own cells. However, an autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your body. When your immune system is impaired, it mistakes part of your body, as foreign. Foreign invaders send out an army of fighter cells. Your body releases proteins called autoantibodies that attack healthy cells.
Some autoimmune diseases target only one area of the body or one organ. For example, type 1 diabetes damages the pancreas. Other diseases, like systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), affect the whole body.
Hypnosis can help in immunity management because it is effective, non-pharmacological, and a cost-effective self-care tool. Do you perhaps feel like you’ve always been fighting in some sense, or been at war with yourself, in your thoughts, actions, spirituality, and patterns? Can’t deal with the problem of a trauma mentally and shove it down or you don’t deal with it with your heart or on a spiritual level? You body stores all this information. However, we can transcend our genetics. Thus, Hypnosis can help.
Ailments are how the body is trying to release the pain or experience. The beauty of hypnosis is that it helps you deal with and get through these conditions. Get back in balance and use your mind to heal your body. Once your body stars feeling better, your emotions follow.
When emotions go out of balance, your immune system takes a hit. The proper processing of the appropriate level of emotional experience allows the system to function in such a way that we can acquire the kind of energy that we need to be strong against any concern or issue presented to us. I will give you tools to let out what no longer serves you as well as increase your comfort and tools to strengthen your own ability to restore your health.
In a study at Washington State University, a group of volunteers were given hypnotic suggestions to specifically boost their immune system. On the other hand, another group only received relaxing suggestions or no suggestions at all. Their level of T- and B-cells (special defense cells) were measured. Those who had received hypnotic suggestions showed a significant increase in their levels of protective cells. In addition, research and studies have also shown that hypnotherapy can help lower stress reduced inflammation. Inflammation is what contributes to many physical ailments in the body.
The early symptoms of many autoimmune diseases are very similar, such as:
Symptoms might come and go over time. I will guide you to learn how to connect with yourself through deeper awareness, focus on healing instead of consumption, embrace every day as a new day, and transcend the obstacles that afflict your body and mind.
1. Type 1 diabetes: Pancreas produces the hormone insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels, the immune system attacks and destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas, high blood sugar results can lead to damage in the blood vessels and organs.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA): The immune system attacks the joints; causes redness, warmth, soreness, and stiffness in the joints; can start as early as your 30s or sooner.
3. Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis: Skin cells normally grow and then shed when they’re no longer needed, skin cells to multiply too quickly, extra cells build up and form inflamed red patches, pain in their joints. This form of the disease is called psoriatic arthritis.
4. Multiple sclerosis (MS): Damages the myelin sheath (the protective coating that surrounds nerve cells in your central nervous system) which slows the transmission speed of messages between your brain and spinal cord to and from the rest of your body; numbness, weakness, balance issues, and trouble walking.
18 Common Auto Immune Disorders (Part 2)
5. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): Original described as a skin disease because of the rash it commonly produces. Joint pain, fatigue, and rashes are among the most common symptoms.
6. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): Inflammation in the lining of the intestinal wall. Each type of IBD affects a different part of the GI tract – Crohn’s disease can inflame any part of the GI tract from the mouth to the anus and Ulcerative colitis affects only the lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum.
7. Addison’s disease: Targets the adrenal glands, which produce the hormones cortisol and aldosterone as well as androgen hormones. Having too little of cortisol can affect the way the body uses and stores carbohydrates and sugar (glucose). Deficiency of aldosterone will lead to sodium loss and excess potassium in the bloodstream. Symptoms include weakness, fatigue, weight loss, and low blood sugar.
8. Graves’ disease: It attacks the thyroid gland in the neck, causing it to produce too much of its hormones. Thyroid hormones control the body’s energy usage, known as metabolism. Having too much of these hormones revs up your body’s activities, causing symptoms like nervousness, a fast heartbeat, heat intolerance, and weight loss. One potential symptom of this disease is bulging eyes, called exophthalmos.
9. Sjögren’s syndrome: Attacks the glands that provide lubrication to the eyes and mouth causing dry eyes and dry mouth, also affecting the joints or skin.
10. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: Thyroid hormone production slows to a deficiency causing weight gain, sensitivity to cold, fatigue, hair loss, and swelling of the thyroid (goiter).
11. Myasthenia gravis: Affects nerve impulses that help the brain signal muscles to contract. Most common symptom is muscle weakness that gets worse with activity and improves with rest. Often muscles that control eye movements, eyelid opening, swallowing, and facial movements are also involved.
12. Autoimmune vasculitis: Happens when the immune system attacks blood vessels. The inflammation that results narrows the arteries and veins, allowing less blood to flow through them.
13. Pernicious anemia: A condition that causes deficiency of a protein, made by stomach lining cells, known as intrinsic factor that is needed in order for the small intestine to absorb vitamin B-12 from food. Without enough of this vitamin, one will develop an anemia, and the body’s ability for proper DNA synthesis will be altered.
18 Common Auto Immune Disorders (Part 4)
14. Celiac disease: Can’t eat foods containing gluten, a protein found in wheat, rye, and other grain products. When gluten is in the small intestine, the immune system attacks this part of the gastrointestinal tract and causes inflammation.
15. Eczema: A term for several different types of skin swelling, also called dermatitis. Most types cause dry, itchy skin and rashes on the face, inside the elbows and behind the knees, and on the hands and feet.
16. Asthma: A condition in which your airways narrow and swell and produce extra mucus. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
17. Allergic Disorders: Allergies are a number of conditions caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to typically harmless substances in the environment. These diseases include hay fever, food allergies, atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, and anaphylaxis. Symptoms may include red eyes, an itchy rash, sneezing, a runny nose, shortness of breath, or swelling. Food intolerances and food poisoning are separate conditions. Common allergens include pollen and certain food. Metals and other substances may also cause problems. Food, insect stings, and medications are common causes of severe reactions. Their development is due to both genetic and environmental factors.
18. Cancer: Also called malignancy, is an abnormal growth of cells. There are more than 100 types of cancer, including breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and lymphoma. Symptoms vary depending on the type. Hypnotherapy has been specifically employed in the palliative care of cancer patients to reduce symptoms associated with radiation and chemotherapy, such as pain, nausea, fatigue, hot flashes and sleep dysfunction. Hypnosis helps patients achieve a relaxed, therapeutic, hypnotic state.
Book a free call to get matched with one of our warm and experienced therapists.
127 Broadway Suite 205 Santa Monica, CA 90401
130 Ocean Park Blvd.Santa Monica, CA 90405
12100 Wilshire Blvd. 8th FloorLos Angeles, CA 90025
1801 National Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90064
Ready to level up your life?